EPSI’s cold isostatic presses efficiently create unsintered (or “green”) die-compacted metal powder parts as a preliminary densification step, before rolling, machining or sintering. Our CIP systems are used around the worlds for producing aerospace, military, industrial, and medical components, and our customers know that parts produced using EPI’s cold isostatic presses can be easily extracted with sufficient “green strength” for handling and sintering.
EPSI’s hot isostatic presses can also be used after sintering to produce net shape or near net shape parts for finish machining to high-tolerance configurations.
We’ve delivered cold isostatic pressing equipment in a full range of sizes, including diameters of more than 2m and pressures up to 600 MPa (87.000 PSI). We also custom design highly automated cold isostatic pressing systems to meet our customers specific needs, including fully automated loading and unloading systems along with high pressurization rates and custom depressurization profiles.
General Specifications for EPSI Cold Isostatic Presses
- Custom design: all sizes are possible up to a diameter of more than 2 m.
- Pressures up to 600 MPa (87.000 PSI)
- Monolithic forged pressure vessel made out of one single vacuum degassed steel block.
- Complete proofing according to EN10204/3.2 and thorough inspection possibility.
- Special pressure vessel executions: inner pre-stressed liner, wire wound vessel body.
- Yoke-framed or threaded design
- Highest quality components and materials
- Controlled pressurization and depressurization avoiding stresses and cracks in pressed components
- Different filter solutions
- Highly automated solutions available
The Plate Yoke-Framed Vessel Assembly is a cost-effective way to design a high-pressure vessel with a high number of fatigue cycles. The Yoke Assembly is designed without any welding and is a rigid structure that withstands the full thrust of both end Closures during pressure cycling with minimal movement.
The threaded vessel design has two options for the top of the high-pressure vessel, either continuously threaded or breach threaded. Both options can be offered with blind bottom option depending on the high-pressure vessel parameters.
HIGHLY AUTOMATED SOLUTIONS
EPSI provides highly Automated CIP systems to meet our customers specific needs, including fully automated loading and unloading systems along with high pressurization rates and custom depressurization profiles. These systems are designed to utilize the CIP system at its full potential with part tooling filling stations and part tooling removal stations. EPSI can custom design an automated system to meet your production requirements.